As part of our social action ministry, we want to tell you about Overflow Out: Serve. We feel that God is calling us to serve the last the least and the lost, and as part of that our ministry serving the local homeless. We’re looking to get involved with several local organisations and charities, as we look to go and make a difference in the lives of broken people.
- Pray – Above Us Only Sky, and Church Without Walls prayer updates, sent around to those who sign-up to our e-newsletter
- Stencilling Sleeping Bags: Once a month, we get together to stencil messages of hope and love on the sleeping bags given out to the homeless. This is a good time to get together as a church, have fun, eat pizza, pray, worship and most importantly serve the homeless community at the same time! Sign-up to our e-newsletter, join us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to be notified or where and when!
- Packing Sleeping Bags: Once a week, when available, we meet on a Friday afternoon to pack sleeping bags, ready to give to the homeless. A great time to meet as a church community for a hour or two and sevre the homeless as a result. Sign-up to our e-newsletter, join us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to be notified or where and when!
- Visit Ilford or Westminster Church Without Walls: Once every 2 months – travel into London on a Saturday morning, or Ilford on a Sunday morning, to be part of Church Without Walls ministry to the homeless. This is all about bringing the love of Jesus to the homeless community. It’s a great opportunity to serve the last, the least and the lost with food, prayer, God’s word and worship. It’s exactly as the name says, a street church, a church without walls! Sign-up to our e-newsletter, join us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to be notified or where and when!
- Live it – the ultimate aim – This isn’t about events or set times ñ just love, bless, and serve homeless people as often as you can. See Social Action pastors Luke and Stuart for more info on how you can make a difference whenever and wherever.